One of my favorite personal finance blog, The Simple Dollar, made a post about the best way he saves money.  For him, it is using the public library.  Many readers also responded about their ways of saving money like stop reading women's magazines, using online bills payment, eating out less, staying at home, planning your meals, making a budget, and many more.  Although I already posted some money saving tips here like making a meal planner,using the envelope method, and  stop collecting magazines, for me, my best action to save money is SWITCHING FROM POST PAID CELLPHONE PLAN to PREPAID CARDS.  

When I was using post paid cellphone, my monthly plan was P800.00 (US$ 16) but because of many charges the telecommunication company adds, it will reach P1,000.00 (US$20) a month even if I only use the allocated free minutes and free texts.  When I switched to prepaid cards, I made it a point to load P300.00 (US$ 6) card which is already valid for 2 months.  Sometimes, I will use the credits within a month but it is still a big saving compared to the P1,000.00 (US$20) I used to pay for the post paid plan every month.  And sometimes, the P300 (US$ 6) credit will not be entirely used up for 2 months and the remaining load would just be eaten up.  When the load expiry is near, I will then make "pasaload" to my siblings and friends so that they can use it.  I seldom text and make calls nowadays because I mostly use the internet when keeping in touch with family and friends.

How about you?  What is your best way to save money?  Share it with us.

Related Posts by Categories



2 comments

  1. Anonymous // November 19, 2008 at 5:32 AM  

    Hello Yvon, dati we used to eat out a lot. My families favorite past time is eating. But now, take out na lang ang order.To save on incidental expenses such as transportation fare and extra orders such as additional rice. hehehe

  2. yvon // November 23, 2008 at 12:48 AM  

    FATHERLYOURS:

    Thanks for sharing.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.