I used to have this expensive hobby of collecting a minimum of 4 magazines a month.  What can I do?  I love to read.  But when these glossy papers started filing up, accumulating dust, and eating up space, I realized I was just wasting my money.  And here are some of the ways I came up with just to dispose them or earn from them.

1.  HAVE THEM RENTED.  I posted a MAGAZINES FOR RENT signs on our house so that our neighbors will know about it.  But it was not successful because our neighbors are not into reading this kind of stuff.  They like Komiks more.

2.  SELL THEM.  When my mom opened a small school supplies store, I displayed all my magazines there and priced them 60 to 70% off of the cover price since most of them are already back issues.  But only a few got sold and the rest of them ended back at home when the store folded up.

I rarely buy magazines nowadays.  Most of the time, I just surf the internet to read about the things that interests me and I was able to save the money that were once alloted for magazine purchases.

Related Posts by Categories



1 comments

  1. Anonymous // November 1, 2008 at 8:42 AM  

    I used to visit mygazines.com to read issues online, but unfortunately they have closed down.

    There's another site http://zinio.com/iphone but you have to either download safari or own an iphone to read the magazines.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.