I have 3 kids and I have a nanny for my 1 year old daughter Ysa.  I used to have another nanny for our 2 year old son Ythan but she left last month and we decided not to get another one.  Since I am really not that busy, I am the one taking care of our son.  I just realized that there are hidden costs of getting a nanny aside from the salary you are paying for the service.

1.  FOOD
When you have a nanny, your food budget will be affected because she is living with you and you should nourish her.

2.  ELECTRICITY
The nanny has her own room.  She uses the light, the electric fan, and the television.  Some will even buy cassette for their room to listen to at night.

3.  WATER
She takes a bath and washes her clothes. 

4.  SOCIAL SECURITY and PHILHEALTH
You are required by law to provide SSS and PHILHEALTH coverage for the nanny. (correct me if I'm wrong)

So, aside from the P2,000 that I am paying for the salary, it would cost me an additional of about P2,000 for the hidden expenses I describe above.  That would be P4,000 additional expense a month or P 48,000 a year if I get another nanny.  That is already a big amount that I can add to our savings. 

How about you?  Do you know some hidden cost of getting a nanny that I was not able to discuss?

Related Posts by Categories



2 comments

  1. Unknown // January 9, 2009 at 9:19 AM  

    Hi,

    You're methodology of doing things are very practical, yet clean-cut. There is no other way, i may think of, more effective than the way you do it.
    I salute u.

    Bert Dooma
    Sydney,Australia



    bertdooma@yahoo.com

  2. yvon // January 10, 2009 at 3:34 AM  

    BERT DOOMA:

    Thanks for the complement. I really appreciate it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.